Assessment of Institutional Effectiveness
Administrative Units Focusing on Assessment
Universidad Ana G. Méndez, Recinto de Gurabo (UAGM-Gurabo) has a wide variety of student services to strengthen the teaching and learning process. These services include student services center, honors program, scholarships and internships, quality of life, advice and counseling, retention, tutoring services, healthcare, student associations, social and cultural activities, employment center, sports, security and traffic, maintenance and landscaping, coffee and virtual bookstore, and a Head Start Program. Information Resources have a library, virtual library, Pedro Rosselló Museum-Library, computing and telecommunication department and information technology.
UAGM-Gurabo also has additional support services such as the faculty development, Evening and Saturday's Division (Outreach), administrative services, and the Museum and Center for Humanistic Studies.
The research and external sponsors are important elements in the institution. As such, the university has a Center for Graduate Studies and Research, an Office of External Sponsors and Resources, Compliance Office, Puerto Rico Energy Center, Technology Accelerator.
The OAVCA major functions with administrative units are the following:
- To promote the training of administrators in the field of institutional assessment.
- To develop and continually improve the institutional assessment plan.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires to obtain evidence of the overall institutional performance.
- To promote assessment of institutional effectiveness.
- To collect, analyze report and discuss assessment data to constituents.
- To foster a culture of evidence, assessment, and continuous improvement.