Social Sciences & Communications
Graduate Student Profile
BC Digital Journalism
The graduate students will be able to:
- Recognize and use the principles, theories, concepts, and fundamental models of social communication.
- Understand the basic principles of journalism.
- Demonstrate basic oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Know the legal aspects of press freedom.
- Know the importance of social responsibility in the process of informingeducating and entertaining, as well as in the development of public opinion.
- Apply ethical principles on a personal level.
- Express personal and interpersonal attitudes and skills for effective group work.
- Show critical thinking skills when facing different situations.
- Create and publish digital journalistic products that demonstrate the technical knowledge acquired in the courses of that field.
- Effectively use technology and electronic media to develop journalistic content.
- Create audiovisual content and publish web pages with an emphasis on digital journalism.
- Master the technical aspects used to develop audiovisual content.
- Know the technical aspects used in digital media to develop audiovisual content.