Sciences and Technology
Department of Medical Technology
Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology
This program is offered at: UAGM, Gurabo Campus
The student will receive a complete academic training, preparing him for the clinical diagnosis and prevention of various pathologies. Our faculty places a strong emphasis on the technological advances that are incorporated into this science every day, which is supported by teaching that combines theory with practice in laboratories and external clinical fields.
The Medical Technology Program is in the process of evaluation and accreditation of the accrediting agency NAACLS (National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences) 5600 N River Rd Suite 720 Rosemont, IL 60018; Tel: (773) 714-8880, Fax: (773) 714- 8886; www.naacls.org. This accreditation allows your students to take the United States exam. In the event that the program is not accredited by NAACLS, the student may only request the Puerto Rico Board exam, according to Law 167, which regulates the profession of Medical Technologists of Puerto Rico.
Time Completion: 4 years
Admission requirements Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology :
- High School transcripts of credits with a grade point average of at least 2.50 on a 4.0 scale
- Results of the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB).
- Students will be evaluated annually.
- Students must complete 109 credits of the first three years, according to the curriculum established by the school.
Medical Technology Professional Phase:
- After completing 109 credits (after three years of undergraduate education), students must apply for admission for the professional phase.
- The student must maintain a minimum 2.75 grade point average.
- Students must have passed with a grade of C the following courses: Biology I and II, Human Biology I and II, Microbiology, Immunology, Cellular Biology or Biochemistry, General Chemistry I and II, Analytical Chemistry, Pre-calculus, Calculus I, Physics I and II and Organic Chemistry I y II.
- Students must have a clean record.
- Students must submit the required documentation.
- Students will be responsible for dates and meetings which shall participate for admission to the professional phase.
- Oral interview and an essay to be performed during the evaluation process.
- Three letters of recommendation from science and/or math professors. Click here to download the letter of recommendation.
- Students will be admitted to the professional stage if they meet the pre-requirements and subject to the assessment of the Evaluation Committee of the School of Natural Science and Technology.
- Whether a student meets the requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
- Students not admitted to the professional phase, have the option of completing a degree in Biology. They must complete the required courses in the program.
|Apply for Admission|