Sciences and Technology
Department of Medical Technology
About Medical Technology
The mission of the Program of Science in Medical Technology of the UNIVERSIDAD ANA G MENDEZ GURABO CAMPUS is to prepare the student with a complete academic formation, where the theory and the practice are focused on the technological advances, new methodologies of the clinical laboratory, the investigation and the development of a competent professional, who contributes in the area of the health in the diagnosis, prevention and treatments of the existing diseases of the community to which it serves.
Program Goals :
- Graduate Professional of excellence at Baccalaureate level and post- Baccalaureate Certificate in Medical Technology Sciences.
- Prepare professionals with the skills of interpreting, evaluating and correlating the data obtained in the clinical laboratories.
- Develop in the graduates the decision making and skills in the solving problems, essential administrative and educational skills.
- Contribute to the continuous development of a competent faculty in clinical laboratory and the growth of the profession.
- Promote the highest standards of performance and professional ethics related to patients, laboratory work and interdisciplinary health professionals.
- Prepare graduates to pass the Puerto Rico and Unites States certification exams to work in professional practice.
Graduate Profile :
- Apply the acquired skills to perform professionally in a safe way for the well-being of patients.
- He will be able to apply, analyze, deduce, and evaluate procedures for the diagnosis, promotion, prevention, and treatment of pathologies that affect man and his environment, complying with biosafety regulations.
- Apply the principles of current information and communication systems in clinical laboratories.
- Will develop solutions to the data obtained in the laboratory.
- Will carry out daily exams or procedures and of high complexity according to the technological advance of each one of its specialties to contribute to the clinical diagnosis.
- They will have a comprehensive training in the intellectual and human skills necessary to perform with professional and social responsibility.
- Make decisions regarding quality control results and quality assurance measures by performing appropriate procedures to maintain the accuracy and precision of the results.
- You will develop your professionalism under biosafety standards in order to protect people and the environment.
- You will have a comprehensive training in the intellectual and human skills necessary to perform with professional and social responsibility.
- Present research skills to use in the progress of the profession.
- They will be prepared to take and pass the licensing tests of the Puerto Rico Medical Technology Examining Board and the American Society of Clinical Pathologists.